Candle decorations ideas
- Office decoration ideas
Candle Decorations Ideas
- The process or art of decorating or adorning something
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- A thing that serves as an ornament
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- A unit of luminous intensity, superseded by the candela
- the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
- stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- A cylinder or block of wax or tallow with a central wick that is lit to produce light as it burns
- examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
- An opinion or belief
- (idea) mind: your intention; what you intend to do; "he had in mind to see his old teacher"; "the idea of the game is to capture all the pieces"
- (idea) a personal view; "he has an idea that we don't like him"
- A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action
- (idea) the content of cognition; the main thing you are thinking about; "it was not a good idea"; "the thought never entered my mind"
- A concept or mental impression
Martin Luther is credited with the idea of putting candle
s on a Christmas tree after seeing stars shining through a pine during the Christmas season. It's another tradition that my parents brought over from Switzerland and one you can still find in (some) European households. Dad puts candle
s on his tree (Lisa won't let me ... "you'll burn the house down" -- so I took this shot at night after everyone else was in bed ;^). Again to accentuate tradition, I used simple, old ornaments (scuffed and scratched glass balls, baskets, handmade paper stars). I took some shots with the camera's built-in flash but it produced harshly over-exposed evergreens that just didn't capture the mood. Plain incandescent lighting added warmth -- no white balance adjustments here. I shot at night under very low-light conditions so had a high ISO setting and had to shoot pretty wide-open in order to catch the color of the candle
flames -- especially the blues at the bases. Establishing a focus point was a dilemma. Ultimately, I focused on the angled hook holding the silver glass ornament (near the center) which stands in stark contrast to the green curtain. Whether or not that was a good choice is up to you.
December 21: The list
Ming told me this idea about stringing up lights across the ceiling then hanging your cards from them, I did it over the mantle instead and it. was. FABULOUS.
Similar posts: decorative garden tiles cake decorating ideas for christmas cow kitchen decor cabin wall decor wildlife bedroom decor deer home decor lodge christmas decor tiny decor blog decorative plates for wall
- (月) 09:40:23|
- Category: None